Alcohol poisoning is more than often a result of binge drinking and if it happens it may be worth seeking alcohol treatment. Alcohol Poisoning occurs when a person drinks too much alcohol in a short space of time.
Alcohol treatment can help identify whether a person is regularly putting themselves at risk of alcohol poisoning.
Essentially the central nervous system is impacted when too much alcohol is consumed, which makes breathing and heart rate slow down, and perhaps most importantly while also compromising your gag reflex.
It is extremely important that alcohol poisoning is dealt with as soon as possible if they are not the consequences can be deadly.
Beware! Telling the person in question to drink coffee, sleep it off or be sick will NOT help them.
What are the symptoms of alcohol poisoning?
Symptoms of alcohol poisoning include confusion, slurred speech, vomiting and loss of co-ordination.
- Lack of coordination
- Irregular or slow breathing
- Blue-tinged or pale skin
- Low body temperature
- Being conscious but unresponsive
- Unconsciousness passing out
- Seizures can also become apparent
Treatment for alcohol poisoning
Hydrating the patient and making sure oxygen intake is adequate is very important to recovery. As stated before, binge drinking is one of the main causes of alcohol poisoning.
Binge drinking can cause a number of injuries, overdoses and mental health problems. If you think you or someone close to you binge drinks, it may be time to seek alcohol treatment or rehab help. When a person binge drinks it indicates that they may have a serious alcohol problem.
Signs and Symptoms of Binge drinking
It is very easy to be and remain in denial about our own or loved one’s addiction. If you recognise these signs and symptoms of binge drinking or alcohol abuse it may be time to seek alcohol treatment.
Related articles that you might be interested in: