Do you have any tips, tutorials, or other valuable information you’d like to share with our growing community?
If you think you have what it takes to write for us, then we would love to hear from you!
Here at the Abbeycare Foundation, we welcome all writers, guest authors and regular bloggers to write for our blog.
You don’t have to be an experienced writer to contribute to our Drug & Alcohol rehab blog, but we do need the best and usually welcome vibrant new guest writers to be participants.
Write for Us – What We are Looking for:
Ensure your contribution is authentic, informative, unique to us and has not been posted before.
We do not condone plagiarism and check all the writing submitted. Republishing of content is not authorised.
Don’t forget to check grammar, punctuation and spelling, as this could make an outstanding piece of writing a bore to read.
It is also worth adding phrases people could use to search for content on the subject you are writing about. For optimum impact, a punchy title.
Sending Us A Pitch
We will accept a rough draft, or a short pitch combined with an outline.
Please be as succinct as possible in your submission. Tell us why your content matters to our audience. This will enable us to give the best possible response.
- » We do not publish content that has appeared elsewhere.
- » We do not accept press releases or promotional content.
Generally, your content should meet the following criteria:
- » Has a clear argument and thesis
- » Be interesting and has a human element
- » Will be valuable to people in the addiction niche, from patients to industry experts
- » Articles will be declined if there are extensive spelling and/or grammatical errors
- » Article need to include ‘Meta Title’ & ‘Meta Description’
- » Make use of sub-headings in your article
- » Articles must be referenced/cited when stating/making claims
- » You must be willing to promote your articles on social media sites such as Twitter and Facebook.
Types of Content you can Submit to us
- » Articles: These should be between 950 to 1,500 words.
- » Features: These should be between 1,500 and 2,500 words and must meet our editorial standards.
Giving You Full Credit
If you are successful in submitting an article to us, we will give you full credit at the bottom of your post with a featured ‘bio’. There you can include a bit of information about you and your website, as well as links to your Twitter, Facebook, Instagram etc.
Submitting your Article
You should consider submitting as a Google Document as it will allow editors to offer feedback within the draft for easy understanding. Send all documents as a Word document. Do not send us a zip file.
Use the form below to contact us: