Drug & Alcohol Rehab Options Kidderminster
Despite numerous attempts to get clean on your own, you have not succeeded.
What is it that you are doing wrong?
Doing detox by gritting your teeth and hoping the cravings will leave you alone does not work.
In a rehab facility like Abbeycare, we take away the conditions that weaken your resolve.
We’ll help you feel better as we offer:
- Medically assisted detox
- 24/7 Care
- Personalised treatment
- Rehab aftercare
Physical and Psychological Alcohol and/or Drug Dependence
Addiction to substances can be characterised as physical or psychological dependence. Whilst physical symptoms are easy to identify and treat, psychological dependence is subtler but more profound.
Signs of psychological dependence are:
- Irritability if unable to use the substance
- Controlling the environment in order to have access to the substance
- Family discord because of arguments about the substance
- Denial about addiction (no initiation to talk about it)
- Lying and stealing from loved ones to fund addiction
In Abbeycare, we understand that psychological dependence is very distressing. We help you cope with the cravings and triggers as you join the therapy sessions and scheduled sessions. In addition, we take away the environment that enables addiction to happen.
What Happens in a Treatment Centre
The first thing we do is a medically-assisted detox programme. This is a 24/7 supervised schedule that will successfully help you transition from an addicted state to a withdrawal state.
We aim to lessen the impact of the withdrawal symptoms by prescribing adequate and safe medicines for:
- Headaches or migraines
- Tremors (including Delirium Tremens)
In addition, we provide counselling and scheduled support to help boost your morale to go on with the process.
After detox, you will slowly transition to the therapy sessions.
Usually, there are two or three on-going group therapy sessions each day including:
- Individual Therapy – one on one sessions with a trained and certified therapist
- Group Therapy – this can involve three to four clients and a therapist
- Holistic Therapy – we include acupuncture and massage as part of this programme as these relieve stress and withdrawal symptoms
- 12 Step Program – this approach is found to have long-lasting effects if used consistently
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy – the methods used in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy comprise of: revealing core beliefs, Reality Testing, Mindfulness Exercises, and revising destructive thought patterns that limit creative thinking.
On the last few days of your stay, we will devise a strategic after care plan that will boost your chances of beating addiction for good. Our treatment aftercare plan incorporates:
- Specific steps to take when you are triggered
- Contact numbers of people to call
- How to deal with minor set-backs in recovery
- Mutual Support Group schedules and availability
Why Structured Care Works
According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA), in-patient rehab care is effective in the treatment of alcohol and/or drug addiction. A structured program that includes medically assisted detox, therapy, and aftercare greatly increases the likelihood that a person will stay sober.
NIDA credits this to the whole-person approach to treatment because it considers the many aspects of a person who has an addiction problem. Detox alone is not sufficient to bring on a significant change. And while Mutual Support Group meetings are helpful, they do not offer a systemic approach to the problem.
Abbeycare offers in-patient care that encompasses all the major areas of drug and/or alcohol rehabilitation. In addition to treating the main problem of addiction, therapy can help improve behaviours that complicate a substance abuse problem. A lot of our clients have made major improvements in personal relationships after successfully completing our treatment program.
Preparing for Rehab
After the initial call, you should be on the way to Abbeycare at The Hygrove in 24 to 48 hours. Our clinic is located in 45 acres of land and is surrounded by the countryside.
Do care to bring some outdoor clothes as we encourage physical exercise on the grounds, as it helps alleviate tension and stress.
Apart from the usual change of clothes and toiletries, pack some art supplies and writing material, as some therapies include sketching/drawing tasks. If you take prescription medicines, bring the original package or bottle and the doctor’s script.
We allow mobile phone usage in the centre provided that it does not distract you from the tasks at hand.
- Why do I need to do a rehab program and not just detox?
We do have a stand-alone detox program. There are clients who opt for a short stay that lasts about seven days to cope with withdrawal. However, we believe that you increase your chances of recovering from alcohol/drug addiction if you complete the recommended programme.
Our trained therapists and staff will be able to know you better if you stay longer. The more we know about you and your specific issues, the easier it is for us to work with you towards your sobriety goals.
- How long does rehab take?
An approximate stay would take three weeks or 28 days. However, everybody’s case is different. We provide a case manager to help personalise our services when you enter our treatment programme.
- How do I pay for rehab?
Payments for treatment can be covered by your insurance. But this depends on your provider and plan. Please ring us direct on 01603 513 091 to enquire about payment options that will fit your financial situation.
- Am I required to join AA?
AA or Alcoholics Anonymous is just one of the Mutual Support Groups we work with.
We encourage people to join AA because AA continues the lessons learned in the 12 Step Program approach in therapy.
However, if you do not want to join AA, we are linked with other Mutual Support Groups that can be just as helpful. One of these groups is Smart Recovery.
Serving Kidderminster & Surrounding Areas, including: