What Is The Purpose Of A Rehabilitation Centre?
The main goal of a rehabilitation centre is to enable a person to live a sober lifestyle by completing treatment in a residential, supported, and supervised environment.
This goal can be achieved by:
- Learning new behaviours
- Understanding the motivations behind addiction
- Professionally assisted detox
- Evidence-based therapy and counselling
The rehab process helps individuals achieve the goals of rehab.
The process of rehab comes in four phases. These are: 
- Phase One – Assessment
- Phase Two – Detoxification
- Phase Three – Rehabilitation
- Phase Four – Maintenance or Aftercare
In the health care profession, the term “rehabilitation” encompasses intensive measures to help a person recuperate from serious injury or harm .
Under this context, ” Lopez, G. (2018, January 2). Why some people swear by Alcoholics Anonymous — and others despise it. Vox. Available at: https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/1/2/16181734/12-steps-aa-na-studies