Due to our distinct market position, Abbeycare Scotland can now offer a unique methadone detox program, unavailable elsewhere.
Our Suboxone detox allows a tapered withdrawal from methadone, in a safe, supervised, clinic environment, and is fully compatible with a range of aftercare options and therapeutic follow up support.
This new treatment allows more comfortable detoxification, even from high doses of methadone (>30mg daily). Although variable, this specialist detox typically takes a minimum of 14 days.
Detox From High Dose Methadone Is Now Possible
Working with local specialists, our exclusive new protocol combines buprenorphine and suboxone to provide:
– Effective, comfortable detox from methadone – even at doses of 30mg daily or greater
– Reduced side effects and cravings following methadone withdrawal
– A custom/specialist detox program with lower risk of complications, as compared to other programs
Although much depends on historical usage levels, severity of dependence, etc, high levels of methadone use, even greater than 30mg daily, are no longer a barrier to full and effective detox.
Studies* suggest that this form of detox from methadone can be effective in
– Reducing methadone withdrawal symptoms
– Improving commitment to the detox process
– Increasing detox completion rates
Your methadone detox program is custom prepared, and especially tailored to your personal needs.
Our methadone protocol is usually administered in oral tablet form. Much like standard prescriptive detox, methadone detox is prescribed in a tapered dose, personalised specifically to your needs. Any final doses of methadone before detox begins are managed carefully by our doctor to ensure maximum safety and comfort.
Upon admission our doctor carries out a full assessment:
– Physical health examination and history checks
– Mental health and wellbeing
– Your usage history, current levels of intoxication, duration and dosages used historically
…to provide a personalised detoxification fitted to your needs precisely.
To take advantage of our unique market position and begin detox from methadone – even higher doses, get in touch with Abbeycare now:
– Fingerhood MI, Thompson MR, Jasinski DR. A Comparison of Clonidine and Buprenorphine in the Outpatient Treatment of Opiate Withdrawal. Subst Abus. 2001 Sep;22(3):193–9. [PubMed]
– Lintzeris N. Buprenorphine dosing regime in the management of out-patient heroin withdrawal. Drug and alcohol review. 2002 Mar;21(1):39–45. [PubMed]
– Lintzeris N, Bell J, Bammer G, Jolley DJ, Rushworth L. A randomized controlled trial of buprenorphine in the management of short-term ambulatory heroin withdrawal. Addiction (Abingdon, England) 2002 Nov;97(11):1395–404. [PubMed]
– Nigam AK, Ray R, Tripathi BM. Buprenorphine in opiate withdrawal: a comparison with clonidine. Journal of substance abuse treatment. 1993 Jul–Aug;10(4):391–4. [PubMed]
– O’Connor PG, Carroll KM, Shi JM, Schottenfeld RS, Kosten TR, Rounsaville BJ. Three methods of opioid detoxification in a primary care setting. A randomized trial. Annals of internal medicine. 1997 Oct 1;127(7):526–30. [PubMed]